Hector and I weren't the best of teammates in his first 48 hours.
Granted, my memories of my other kiddos' first days were a bit foggy.
This was my first non-NICU kiddo in over 9 years!
So, the reality of a newborn that preferred to have me struggle for 30+ minutes,
trying to get him to latch, only to then latch himself the moment I gave up in exhaustion,
was not wonderful.
He was super sweet, though, when he wasn't refusing to latch!
So, I decided to take advantage of my C-Section by staying the full two nights,
other than just one as I had for the previous three.
It gave the new little guy and I more time to try to work well together.
It also gave me more rest and good snuggle time that I knew
would be fought for at home by all the siblings.
Love, Us.










No comments:
Post a Comment