Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Her First Haircut!


Well, it took almost three years, but she finally got it! Her first haircut!

Bath time had become a battle. She never wanted me to wash her hair, because she knew that I would then have to brush it, which had become very painful.

So... after talking about it for a few days, we bit the bullet and chopped it! We, of course, got a couple before shots to show how beautiful it was. Wow! She sure had pretty locks! And then I just cut away.

I guess I didn't really have a real set plan for length that I wanted, but it turned out pretty cute, and she likes it. I must say she looks a little more spunky and less prim and little lady-like with the short cut, but she is still the little fire cracker that she always was under that little mop!  I had to take a picture of the hair that was cut off as well. This picture is so amazing to me, because there is so little hair there! That is really ALL the hair that I cut off... not just a small portion of it! Coming from a family of such thick-haired people, this is just amazing to me! I could fit all of her hair cut very easily into a tiny ziploc to put in her scrapbook! Amazing! She definitely has your hair, Oma!
Well, I'm sure you'll see her new cut in numerous pictures on my mom's blog soon, but I just wanted to drop you a line and these pictures of the actual occasion.


P.S. YAY for JOE! From what I can figure out, I THINK his supposed graduation will be May 15th, just FYI.


No comments:

Post a Comment