Well, I'm sure you're experiencing a similar sensation... feeling like you've backtracked a season after a few wonderful spring days. It is not like any of us actually thought that spring would stay... but one sometimes just can't keep from hoping for such a wonderful thought during a winter like this! Well, a snow day couldn't possibly have been much more perfect for a little 2 year old! She woke up to hear that Simon's school was cancelled, which meant that she had both him and Mary all day to play with! It, of course, began with brushing teeth by the big window, watching uncle Eddie blow snow. ... VERY EXCITING!

And lots of kitty chasing and teasing... no day is complete without a lot of that when the Lanoues are around!
Therese is also very lucky to have a grandmother who would do anything for a good picture of kids and animals to put on her blog, so she even got the fun experiece of wading through a foot of new-fallen snow out to the barn! She got to see a new calf nurse, another new calf being put in a warming box to dry off, and got to gaze at another snow-covered pair through a doorway.

My father is actually having a really tough couple days with his cows. I don't know if mom mentioned this on the blog or not... in fact, this could all be repeat, but oh well! Yesterday he had a pregnant cow die on him due to it getting on its back and not being able to get back over before the weight of its calf killed it. Today he went out to have two new calves born, which is great, but then he went to check on the herd that is a bit from calving still, and found another cow had, for some reason, done the splits and was unable to get up. It is also pregnant, and now it is in the dirt-floored shed with a blanket over it, not being very interested in eating. Not looking very good. So a prayer in the direction of a good calving season from here on out would be greatly appreciated.
Therese, unfortunately, just realized that the cousins are leaving after bath time tonight, so she is already greatly lamenting the
fact, but hopefully it won't cloud the few hours of play that remain. PS - David is without clothing in this picture, because he had just got his first hair cut! I cut off easily over 2 inches in most places! His hair was so thin and wispy, however, that the clippers wouldn't cut it, so I had to do it by hand, which amazingly turned out OK. He is not cooperating in taking a decent looking picture to show off the shorter locks, however. I will post one when I get it.
Oh... PSS - It looks like I will be coming your way on either March 18th or 19th. I am delivering the kitten to Khristeen's party on the 19th.
Love, Maria

No comments:
Post a Comment