Well, today was a big day for David! I've been really struggling with the thought of bringing along a Pack-N-Play to Georgia. It just seemed like everything about it would just cause difficulties in our little apartment. (i.e. - it takes up a large amount of space, it isn't easy to break down or put up, so it wouldn't be practical to put it away during non-sleeping hours, etc.) So, I decided that if I wanted David to be sleeping outside of a crib while we are in Georgia, it would be best to start training him for that now, instead of having my first weekend with Joe be one of David screaming all night and afternoon and refusing to let us sleep!
So, I broke down the crib before his afternoon nap time today. I told Therese that she had to be a good big sister and show David how she stays in bed after mom puts her down, and not play with David if he gets up and walks around. I was in luck, and Therese was in an agreeable mood for this today, and she did a great job. At nap time it probably took a bit over half an hour to get him to hit the sack, but when he did (as you can see) I creaked open the door and found him like this - very sweetly sleeping on his bed, and even on his pillow!
Night time was even easier. He was definitely more scared because of the combination of the dark and the lack of "protection" of the crip bars, but he was down (this time even under his blankets!) within less than 10 minutes! Therese accidentally woke him up a half an hour later when she had to go potty, but he once again went to bed with just the slightest fight - I didn't even have to reenter the room!
I know... I'm not getting my hopes too far up. Today very possibly could have been a fluke of luck that it went to well. But, it sure would make our living arrangements in GA much easier if both of them are sleeping on mats on the floor that can easily by put away during the day to make more space. We'll see!
Love, Maria

No comments:
Post a Comment