Sunday, November 5, 2017

Patrick's 5th

So, we have a tradition around here that the 5th birthday is the "bike b-day".
Now, I don't like to buy things new. 
I find that it is often unnecessary when things can be found 
in great condition at amazing prices at a thrift shop.
I was almost giving up hope and was ready to head to Wal-Mart 
a few days before Patch's big day.
Then...we found this at Goodwill!
Perfect!

The second big thing that our five-year-olds get is the ability to start Kids' BJJ.
So, the gis were handed down, and Patch bowed on to the mats for the first time.
He had a great time!



I spontaneously made him a birthday crown. 
I feel I may have inadvertently begun a new tradition. 
Good thing it is easy!

We shared cupcakes with friends at the park to celebrate this super cute big guy!

Here is the candle-blowing.

Love, Us.

No comments:

Post a Comment