Thursday, August 2, 2012

20120717 - 20120719 At Oma and Opah's

Once again, thank you for your prayers for Joe!

But now, back to trying to catch you up on all our adventures.

After our weeks in Michigan and some family gatherings in and near the Cities, the kids and I meandered over to Northern Wisconsin to spend a few days with Joe's parents (Oma and Opah). We were lucky to have Opah able to take a couple days off of work in order to spend some quality time with us. Our first day we went to "Wilderness Walk" up in Hayward, if I remember the town correctly. It was a super cute little zoo/nature area, which the kids and I really enjoyed. Some of the animals were VERY interactive!



And these cut-outs are always silly and fun!




Oma and Opah have a young woman living with them this summer as she works for the Diocese of Superior. She was David's buddy, reading "bad guy" stories to him daily. The first night she basically read him the whole story of David and Goliath! She was quickly David's favorite.


Oma had a project in mind when we arrived: her and Therese were going to make gingerbread cookies to send to Daddy in Afghanistan. She had quite the collection of cookie cutters, which included both Texas and the United States. We decided, however, that we needed to create an Afghanistan cookie as well. Here it is!


My silly son...


And while we were there we also had a nice visit with Joe's cousin, Khristeen, and her two boys that are pretty much the same ages as my two. 

We showed them the raspberry bushes...



Gave them lessons in chasing the dogs around the yard...




And, of course, showed them how to properly play "baby dolls".


A final group shot of the kiddos.


Oh... it is story time again! David is definitely my book boy!


Therese and the cookies prior to decorating.


And after decorating!


Well... Paula read him stories, but Opah had tractors! I guess David had 2 favorite people!







Also, we happened to be in town during the Baron County Fair. So... we just had to give it a look!




Some super silly shots of Oma and Opah. It was supposed to be a sweet moment, but got cute and awkward quick!



OK... there is a sweet moment.


Oh... and there was even a little machinery hill!



The Classic Verly Pic - in the Tire!


Oh... it was also while we were with Oma and Opah that Joe and I found out that his internet is not amazing, but it is good enough to successfully do FaceTime! Yay! So, fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, the kids and I made daily trips to "Old McDonalds" in order to use the wifi and see Daddy! I wasn't too sad... along with talking AND SEEING Joe, I got to have a couple of their Southwestern Chicken salads, which I admittedly LOVE! Yum!


Well, that was it for our time in Wisconsin. 

Love, Us

No comments:

Post a Comment