Well, we did finally get home! And after unpacking the few boxes that we could unpack we immediately went hunting for the bookcases/dressers/cabinets/tables that would allow us to finish unpacking! Here is just a sneak peak (the only picture I took in the stores) at some of what we found. AND - we had a very good time bargaining!
We weren't shopping all day everyday, though. Therese made extra sure we made it to the park around the corner at least once a day in order to "meet friends". This first picture has the kids in it, but I was actually taking pictures of the sky. It may look like really boring, ordinary skies to you, but not to us El Paso-ans! It was COMPLETELY OVERCAST! Awesome! It was actually pleasant to be at the park and we didn't have to be in the shade in order to enjoy it. It was GREAT!
Oh... and here is a look at what our extensive furniture situation as like when we got back to Texas. We could have survived on it for a while, but I'm sure glad that we had luck finding almost everything we needed to make us comfortable in less than a week! Deo Gratias!
I'll get you pictures later of the finished project, but here is another sneak peak of what our house furniture now consists of. This was not the FUNNEST thing to do while 7 months pregnant, but both Patrick and I survived, and our library is now definitely my favorite room of the house as a result!
At first the kids thought that just playing in a single bookcase box was fun...
But then I introduced the 4-box-long tunnel! WARNING - If you are claustrophobic by nature, you may not want to view these pictures!
The kids went through this thing SO MANY TIMES! They had just a blast, and it is actually still alive in the toy room, but broken down in to 2 2-box-long "racing tunnels", which still get daily use! Oh, the simple joys of childhood!
David going through:
Therese going though:
We've begun a habit of eating either lunch or supper as a picnic at the park at least a couple times a week. It is quite enjoyable, and the kids have been able to meet some very nice kids. We aren't on a first-name or "let's have a play date" basis with them yet, but we've had lots of fun!
Love, Us.



Oh dear. I love your blog!! I love all of the pictures. Your family is so beautiful. I'm happy to see that you've embraced your new city and have made it your own. The kids look great, as do you! Thank you for including me on your adventures :-)
ReplyDelete