Thursday, July 26, 2012

20120509-20120512 El Paso Showers and Mother's Day Tea

FYI: I'm going to label these posts for the periods that they cover... not the day I'm posting them.

This is WAY back 2 1/2 months ago... yikes!

These may look like just your run-of-the-mill kids back from running in the rain pictures... that is until you remember that we live in the desert! These raindrops are long-awaited and are SO MUCH FUN! We didn't even take the time to get pants on David... that would chance missing some rain!




And the rest of these are from a super fun Mother/Daughter Tea that Little T and I attended on post the weekend of Mother's Day. They requested that, if possible, we come in gloves and hats, but unfortunately T was the only one of us that had such wonderful accessories to really dress the part.


I think this was also the last weekend that I could (kind-of) wear one of my pre-pregnancy dresses. 



And then our photographer (Dad) wouldn't quit until we got a few silly poses. We did our best.



The event took place at "Old Fort Bliss" - which is a cute little historic site at Fort Bliss with original buildings from way back when. They had it done up really cute inside, and most everyone dressed up as requested for the event. It was great fun!


They had really fancy finger foods and lots of them. T especially loved the strawberries, the chocolates, the fancy Rice Krispy bars and the tea... she LOVES tea and tea parties!  Actually, we just read "Fancy Nancy's" book about tea parties this afternoon, and I'm pretty sure that this Tea Party would have gotten an A+ on her checklist!
 













After we enjoyed a relaxing tea time, T and I explored the rest of Old Fort Bliss.


T had to hold on to her hat while riding the local equine.



And getting a little swing time in is always a pleasant way to end a Mother/Daughter day. This was a VERY fun event. We will definitely attend in the future if we are still here.


Love, Us.

No comments:

Post a Comment