Saturday, July 28, 2012

20120630 - 20120702 Prep for and Trip to Midwest

The kids and I had 2 days to get the house in decent order and get ready for an undefined amount of time in the midwest. #1 on Therese's agenda was to make a special rosary gift for all of the family we would be seeing in Michigan.

The supplies:


And the kids' finished projects. I thought they turned out very nice.


The night before we flew to Souix Falls was a Saturday, so we had our first "Pizza Night" without daddy. I decided to take it easy during deployment, since I'm trying to cut down on carbs, especially during pregnancy, and the kids don't know the difference between homemade dough and tortillas. So... a quick tortilla covered with shredded cheese under the broiler is going to be our deployment "pizza". It was a hit!



And we're off! The kids were super great travelers. They both slept on the first flight, David slept on both, and they both pulled their own suitcases for at least 90% of the time! It was a breeze!




And T was happy because she got 2 cups of Sprite in one day! Can't beat that!


And David got to travel on a "Choo-Choo Train" at the Dallas/Fort Worth Airport!


There are my troopers!


My parents met us in Sioux Falls, we got a good night's sleep, and then we were off to the UP in the morning. And here is a picture of what Therese, besides seeing her cousins, was most excited for: the MOVIE VAN!


We DID have a great day of travel... no big frustrations or troubles... but that didn't mean that my pregnant body appreciated it. I don't know about any of you ladies out there, but I absolutely think bloated ankles and feet are THE WORST part of pregnancy! Unfortunately for my mom, my feet were sausages during the drive, and I had to spend the majority of the trip sleeping in the back seat. I needed to for more than one reason, though. With moving and deployment, I think that was the first time that I really stopped, both physically and mentally, for at least a month. I just couldn't keep my eyes open much that day. It was actually a great blessing to have a day of travel and a wonderful mother who didn't mind being my chauffeur. Thanks, Mom!


Next entry: Michigan!

Love, Us.

No comments:

Post a Comment