Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A Picture for Today: Our Creation Station

I didn't have any new pictures to share for today, so I thought I would give you a peek into one of the kids' most favorite places in our house: our Creation Station! When I set up our school room earlier this year (which I may show you at a later date), I realized that it was missing something important: a place to do messy art projects. Since the school room is carpeted, I definitely didn't want that place in there, so I looked around the house, and realized that we have a perfect spot right in the center of our library. So, now all I needed was to create a large art table without spending any money... hmmm. And then the idea came - We had some large pieces of heavy-duty particle board in the garage from when Joe's workout equipment was outside at our last place. And, who knows when I picked up a huge roll of this plasticky waterproof material - that plus the handy-dandy staple gun I got a Christmas would make a great table top. Plus, pulling four of our storage tubs out of storage to act as table legs... and tada! Instant Creation Station! Yay! We use it ALL the time! There is already watercoloring "stains" all over it, some play dough that needs a butter knife taken to it to remove it, and lots of imagination has bloomed around it. We know that our current home may be more spacious than any other we will have, but I sure hope we will always make room for our Station! 



Love, Us.

No comments:

Post a Comment