Friday, July 19, 2013

A Picture for Today: A Rainy Day!

Yesterday was a VERY rare day... it RAINED! And it not only rained, it literally rained ALL DAY! Now, in midwest standards, I would have only called maybe a half-hour of it a real hard rain, the rest was  just sprinkles and drizzles, but in the desert that is a VERY wet day. It was SO refreshing!

We even had a little adventure in the rain. During Bible School yesterday Patrick had an appointment at the hospital. It is usually a very difficult thing to find parking at the hospital, but yesterday I was very relieved to find a fairly close spot right away. I thought fate was smiling on me, until I drove into it and realized it was in a puddle. I at first didn't think too much of this puddle, but then I opened the door. This was more than a puddle. We were cutting it close to arriving on time, so I knew I didn't have time to find a new spot. So, I "dove in". This puddle was up to my mid-calf. Luckily, it was only just above my ankles at the back door where I had to maneuver in getting the boys out. After the appointment, as I was getting Patrick in the car, I let David walk around in the puddle since he had finally been able to wear his rubber boots to an official outing. The water went over the TOP of his boots! I guess life gets a little crazy on a simple rainy day when you don't have gutters or drains!


Love, Us.

No comments:

Post a Comment