Thursday, April 7, 2011

As You Know... It was a Day Full of Blogging!

With the vast amount of catch-up blogging that I did yesterday, you probably think that I just had the kids tied up in the corner for the duration... but we actually had quite a good day (not to say that they didn't get quite tired of seeing me go back to the computer... they did, and they made it known!). 

We pretty constantly... not non-stop, but for a good chunk of our days... have music streaming from our TV/DVD player.  And although these still shots don't give you the full effect, you might get some idea of David's current groove!



And Therese spent quite a chunk of time yesterday morning browsing through her Grandma scrapbook from our time on the farm.  She was just content to sit and remember... commenting here and there on the pictures.

We even got a pre-nap outing to the green space in front of our apartment yesterday!  I don't usually let the kids bring toys outside, but maybe it was the blogging that wore me down, or just a moment of relaxation that hit me, but we brought a few things out, and we ended up using Little T's back pack as a ball!  It was actually quite fun!

 David, of course, also used it as a hat momentarily!
 Therese was pretty amazing at the back pack shot-put!
 She was pretty great at being cute as well...
 And we had a rousing game of "Mom throws the back pack really high and Therese tries to catch it"  Where you can't see the actual back pack, you can often see it's shadow on the ground.



We had fun!

And I finally made a soup from a mix that I've had in my pantry stuff for awhile... and it was YUMMY!  And (almost) more importantly, it was kosher with my "diet"!

 And DEFINITELY more important... the kids loved it!
And... looking back on it now... I was definitely feeling sorry for spending so much time blogging yesterday, because I not only went out with the kids to see the ducks and play at the playground AFTER BED TIME... I also let Therese reminisce a bit about her cousin, Mary, and bring out an assortment of "stuff" with her! 







 Yay!  Mom is finally caught up with her blogging!  We can have a lot MORE fun tommorrow!

And finally... We had our first TRIPLE-DECKER SWING in Georgia!

1 comment:

  1. This is great Maria. Didn't even know about this until Aunt Gail told me today. Love the pics, the kids look like there really enjoying Georgia as so do you and Joe. Can't wait to hear more about your adventures. Tell the kids Hi for me and tell them Mia (Allie) is doing great.
    Love, Khristeen

    ReplyDelete