Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter: Day 4!

Today was full-to-the-brim with "stuff"!  Thankfully, the kids got up early enough to have their easter "egg" (they forgot to leave out the plastic eggs last night, so mom hid their bowls, instead) hunt and breakfast before 7:30 Mass.
 The last bowl had a big gum ball in it, which they split, and here are the results... full cheeks and big chomps! 


 After Mass we headed to post and got directions to the auto shop there.  We turned over our keys for the Camry to get it's oil changed, tires rotated, and hitch removed before it's trip to Missouri.  Due to a low number of mechanics being available, the kids and I had 2 hours to spend walking around.  We first went to the post office and signed up for having our mail held during our transition time, and then we just meandered, ending up at a couple new (to us) parks!
*Just as a note... I LOVE the "sunset" setting on my camera!  You can tell the difference here between the first and second picture of David.  Whenever I am outside and it isn't direct sun (it was overcast mostly today) this setting is awesome!  Sorry... random comment!*




 






 On our way back to the mechanic, once the car was done, we found this ridiculously cool tree!  I loved it, partially because I just finished the chapter in the Lord of the Rings all about Treebeard and the Ents of Fangorn forest.  I just couldn't resist taking a couple pictures of the tree and my little hobbits! 
 

 Once we got the car back (and at a great price, I might add!) we did a couple more errands on base and headed home to lunch, which included the last of our home-made applesauce!  It was bitter sweet, because we are trying to finish everything we have, so that we don't have so much to pack for Missouri, but the kids sure will miss their applesauce!  I'm sure we'll get some installments while we are in Missouri, though.  Hint Hint! 
 We headed out after naps for a run on the lawn, including horsey rides for Aana!


 My phone was starting to fail me, however, and it officially died (well, at least my audio did - if you call, you can hear me, but I can't hear anything).  So... the kids and I packed up quick and headed to Verizon.  I should have a working phone by tomorrow evening.

This brought us home after bed time, and we hadn't eaten yet, but the kids were great, and Therese even got some pics of David cleaning the dining room table for me after the meal! 



Happy Easter and Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment