Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My Good Little Catholic Boy!

I had noticed recently that when I had been asking Therese to genuflect before and after Mass, or whenever we left a Eucharistic chapel, David was attempting in his little way, to genuflect as well.  So... I documented his attempts, and possibly his first ever success without the aid of mom bending his knee and balancing him!  Of course, we weren't in front of the Blessed Sacrament, but it is easier to practice here than in front of people who are trying to focus in their prayer!

His quick attempts always ended up being a low, well-balanced squat... Joe would probably say "decent form, but he's dropping his shoulders too much!"
 Therese demonstrating - hers usually start with a simple genuflection and then become a double genuflection before getting back up.
 David attempting again...
 And HE SUCCEEDS!  And even more amazing... I got it on digital! (film sounds so much better!)


The other David thing for today is his love of all religious images - that kid can pick Jesus out of any picture... no matter what nationality or how odd the picture may be.  He just always KNOWS Jesus when he sees Him!  I don't think he understands that Mary's baby is Jesus, though.  He justs call Marian pictures "Mary" and "Baby".  

Here he is with my bookmark - a Marian image... giving it kisses and telling me about it.





My Sweet Boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment