But we eventually had to get him up and get some breakfast in him, because we were meeting daddy for 9am Mass and lunch! We (amazingly) got ready in time, including packing the lunch as a picnic and mommy getting her shower in - we were even a couple minutes early! BUT... mommy didn't have all of her ducks in a row, because she forgot to have Therese make sure to grab her "church purse" on the way in to Mass. And as you Catholics know... if you are a "church purse" for kids family, Palm Sunday is one of the days during the year that forgetting the kid items is not so great! So... David and I spent much of the Mass out in the hallway, but that was OK, and Therese was great for Daddy in the pew, so all was not lost.
Then we went to "our picnic table" at the park as usual... and I think we've been through this enough to know what happens then: eating, playing, and good family time!
But nap time always comes sooner or later, so we said "See You Next Weekend, Daddy!" one more time, and headed home.
After naps, Therese (who never forgets anything that is promised to her, just FYI) right away nicely asked to watch her Sunday movie, which today was adventures of Tom and Jerry. David and I had a little cuddle while she watched the "greatest chases".
After the flick, Therese was gabbing on and on about how excited she was for her wedding when she gets big, so I just had to get a bit of it on video... to tease her with later, of course!
ARGGH! For some reason Google won't upload videos just this moment!
And we didn't have time to get outside, due to Therese' video being too long, so in order to get some exercise, we put in some music and had some dance time! (And David pouted on the ground when Therese had her turn with mommy!)
And just to show how much fun we had this Palm Sunday weekend (and at the same time how seriously I took I took the day of rest) I thought I'd show you my kitchen at the day's end!
No comments:
Post a Comment