Our morning was full. We went to 7:30 Mass (arriving at 7:35, if we are particularly honest), but it seems that every day... even those that I disturb Mass partway through with my kids trooping in... someone new comes up to me and thanks me for bringing them. I have really been very impressed with the outspoken friendliness of folks down here - they really make you feel welcome!
Then we went to post in order to pick up some very needed groceries at the Commissary. We still had some time to eat up before the Bible Study back at St. Anne's so we checked out the library on post for the first time. The kid's area, which is the only area we visited, left much to be desired... but the kids had fun at the computers!
Back to St. Anne's for bible study, but Therese decided that she wasn't even willing to give the child care a moment's try, even though she'd done great on two occasions last week. So... I attempted to have them with me in the room with the ladies, but quickly gave up on that when it became clear that Therese simply was not in the listening mood!!! Ahem!!! So... we left early, even though I specifically went to the early Mass this morning in order to be able to stay and chat with the ladies. Needless to say, I was a bit more than a bit peeved at the little one! She got to know the corner real well when we got home!
Emotions calmed down, however, and after nap time I decided to try something new outside. We packed up a laundry basket full of the best-liked toys (and those which I knew were big enough to not get lost in the grass) and went out for some time at the "park" - which I've decided to call our front lawn (the putting green directly outside our patio!)
David: Mowing the Lawn!
Somehow, a balloon we blew up the second day we were here is still intact! Hey - it works a lot better than a backpack!
My Little Mama with her Baby...
And my little adventurous Boom-Boom!
After running around and being adventurous in the green area, we headed up to give the baby dolls some time on the swings.
Therese got the final swing, however!
We decided to sport "cheap sunscreen" - AKA: baseball caps - even mom was wearing one! And no - it wasn't wet or raining. Therese just wanted to wear her boots, and mom wasn't really caring about the family making a good fashion statement!
And right before closing their eyes for a good night's rest before "cleaning day", the kids wanted to show you their comfy bedtime quarters!
Daddy Update
Joe called twice today. I got the first call around 12:30, after he got back to OCS from the field and their ruck march. Amazingly, everyone made the ruck this morning, and no one had to drop out! That is pretty awesome, considering that they lost someone on the 7 mile ruck last week, and this week there were illnesses adding to the difficulty.
When he called this evening, he was obviously more tired than he would say, so I let him go to bed after a few moments of conversation. He needs to get his rest so that he can keep up with the kids at the playground this weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment