I actually had a very productive day... doing a ton of financial detail work for Joe and I - switching bank accounts to one that is available on all bases (there isn't a US Bank anywhere near here... or in the south in general!), researching investment options, signing up for TSP (the Thrift Savings Plan - basically the government's 401K), etc. I LOVE it when I actually can mark things off of the to-do list at the end of the day!
The kids had some nice play time on our porch before it got really warm.
We also went to the Bible Study on post, which was very good. I met a woman who entered the military (or her husband did) much later in life, and they have 5 kids, love the military life, and are very Catholic, so we swapped numbers and hopefully at least her and I, and even better Joe and he, can get together for an hour or so sometime to chat about all things militarily Catholic! Also, Therese, for the second time, was GREAT for the daycare during Bible Study. She isn't super outgoing - still pretty shy when she says goodbye to them at the end, but she enjoys the time, and she doesn't cry for Mama! I'm so proud of her - this is actually a big step for her, my wonderfully shy and caution one.
We came home and attempted to take naps, but David had fallen asleep on the way home, so I knew that I would have to be really determined to actually get them down.
THEN I finally checked a missed message on my phone and found out that our friend, Sarah, formerly from St. Paul (now Alabama) was in town and near by! So... she came over (with baby Ollerich due October 3rd) for a very nice chat and catch-up time, and I just gave up on any thought of a nap, which was fine. Just look on the bright side... it just means an earlier bed time!
After Sarah headed back to her hubby, we (with a VERY CRANKY Little T) went for a quick walk around the little pond by our house and a few slides. David was a bit tired - I had to be super vigilant at the slide, because he didn't always care to make sure that he was actually on it before pushing off!
My Little T... Cranky, but Beautiful!
We came back in for a quick supper, and the kids went down without a peep an hour early! Yay!
Thank you, Lord!
No comments:
Post a Comment