Saying bye to Dada is never easy for the kids, especially Therese. I keep saying that she has a lot of her Grandma Barbie in her, but the other day when we were with Joe he said, "No... she just has a lot of Dada in her." And now that I think about it... that is true! Joe IS a very sentimental and deep-feeling being. Unfortunately, however, he has been bound to a very un-sentimental, un-feeling person! No... that is an exaggeration, but he sure did marry pretty close to his opposite in that area!
Anyways... after we dropped Joe off that first Sunday, we came home for a quick "Sunday Movie" before nap time - Therese picked out Joseph's Reunion - one of our Animated Bible stories. She is starting to get in to movies, and now sits pretty well through the 30 minutes and understands most of it.
But after nap time, the kids started giving me shifty eyes... so I knew that some kind of drug was needed to complete our first Sunday on a good note...
I think I mentioned earlier David's new-found love for slides feet-first on his tummy.
Here is a photo story of his technique!
Good thing we brought a lot of "bloomers" to GA! This is probably the wrong term, but when I was working at the LifeCare Centers, they would get these cotton panties (not underwear... but... I don't know what to call them... "bloomers") donated all the time without them being connected to an outfit, and no one would every want them, so I have a vast supply... and they are great for keeping others from seeing a little girls panties when she is a super jungle-gym girl!
In the words of Therese: "Baby Davie and I... We are jungle-gym climbers... 'cuz we got big! We can climb it really good and fast!"
Well, mom, you've definitely created a little girl after your own heart in my T! She sure knows how to flash a smile and strike a pose! And usually I'm not asking her to... she calls me over when she knows she's found a great one!
Luckily, this tunnel that goes up to the upper level, where I would be a bit more leery of David being alone, is currently either too difficult for him to climb through our too intimidating. Deo Gratias! Sometimes it's these small things that you need to appreciate. They just make mothering easier for a moment here and a moment there.
And here are some final jungle-gym poses created by Therese... and yes - they slept VERY WELL this night, after fun with Daddy and super jungle-gym fun in the sun!











No comments:
Post a Comment