Egg-Hunt: Take 2!
Therese found them all, but she shared the treasures with David.
Sadly, I didn't get up with my alarm, assuming the kids would rouse me in time for Mass.... I was wrong! So... we didn't make it to Mass. And, it was so hot here today that we went out in order to go to the playground, but it was so hot and sunny that we didn't make it there... fearing the effects of sunburn on children. We instead found a tree nearby and enjoyed it's shade.
Chomping on pretzels!
And running circles in the shade.
And tree-hugging!
Therese both posed and requested these self-shots:
David, just enjoying some salty-goodness outside of the heat.
For a portion of their lunch, the kids ate their little friend, Hairy the egg, whom they received from the kids at the playground last night.
Therese was being very outgoing this evening on our playground trip. She even ran way ahead of mommy in order to follow a group of girls who were going there as well!
And finally, the last requested pictures of Therese for today.
Daddy Update:
Well, I guess I am not that quick of a learner, because I still am assuming the best whenever we get partial information from the Army. I should, instead, assume the worst and hope for the best. That would make things just a little bit easier on me and the kids. Oh, well! I'll learn sooner or later.
I say this because I was mistaken a few days ago about Guantanamo Bay. Not about Joe's being most likely stationed there. That is true. I was wrong about us being there with him. We have found out that it is, indeed, a deployment, and specifically, and unaccompanied (without family) deployment for 12 months. This is actually not all bad news, however. God is good, and He will grant us all the grace that is necessary to take all the events of our lives, easy or difficult, and transform them for His glory.
Oh... another Daddy update, which is more current and for sure. Joe is #2 in his Company (over 100 OCs!) currently! I am so proud of him! This is an awesome accomplishment, but it also greatly adds to his responsibilities during this last week and a half of training, because he needs to act as Platoon Sargent. He graduates in 10 days! Yay!
Joe and Maria, Thank you for your commitment, sacrifice and service to our country. Congratulations Joe on your incredible accomplishments in the Army! We will try to do better at using your blog to stay in touch, and are grateful you have created this tool to let us share in your lives. David and Therese are beautiful children. Heather was confirmed on Easter and Gabe received his first communion...what a blessing. God bless all of you. We Love You! Steve and Marty
ReplyDelete