Now, of course, Good Friday landed on a Friday this year... so it also landed (very fittingly) on cleaning day! And that seemed to be an absolutely wonderful and fitting way to spend our AM hours before noon service. The apartment is once again sparkling clean! And, in the midst of my extra super deep down clean today... I found a missing earing that I had NO IDEA where it had gone a few weeks ago! Thank you, Lord!
We didn't even get out of our pj's before starting our cleaning and organizing today!
And I even found some fitting background music, which helped keep the kids calm, and helped a bit in keeping the importance of today in mind.
I should clarify... the house in NOW sparkling clean, but within 10 seconds of me finishing the last step of my cleaning (hand-scrubbing the floors), David was so thoughtful that he extended my Good Friday work for just a few more minutes:
What a thoughtful little guy!
The kids we OK... far from bad, but also far from good... at noon service. And I had to yell at David the whole way home to keep him awake, but I was very glad that we made the effort.
After naps we instituted (hopefully) a new Librandi tradition: the family rosary. I know... this probably should have been instituted on Day 1, but it wasn't. So... Good Friday, 2011, will hopefully be the start of a long-standing daily occurrence in our home. We just did the first Sorrowful mystery... Therese sat very well for it, and was very good at fingering her beads as we prayed. Getting this (finally) started was Joe's idea... thanks, partner!
We ended our Good Friday with some simple bubble blowing on the "front lawn", which felt very Eastery, but worked well as a means of tiring out the kids. Sorry I didn't get any pictures... my arm was constantly in use... I being the only one capable of blowing bubbles among the three of us!
Oh... BIG DADDY NEWS!!
There are actually a few big things to note in the daddy area:
1 - He passed his last big test today: History 2 (Yay, daddy!)
2 - He (and his fellow OCs) were granted their off-post (but only during the day) pass for this weekend (Yay, Yay, daddy!)
3 - He found out where he (and we) will be stationed after he finishes his training in Fort Leonard Wood, MO... our projected assignment will be in GUANTANAMO BAY, CUBA! (Yay, Yay, Yay, Us!) - I know... shocker! Joe will (assuming this isn't changed on us... which it always could be... this is the government we are dealing with!) be serving on the JTF (Joint Task Force - a combined effort between all military branches) there at GTMO.
No comments:
Post a Comment