Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Bit of a Sleepless Day...

Well, the day even started out with lack of sleep!  Due to circumstances, which we do not have to repeat for the sake of my daughter, Therese ended up sleeping with mom at about 1am.  This was lucky for her, because the sirens went off at 5am for a Tornado warning!  Mom went to go get David, who then wouldn't go back to sleep in mommy's bed, but Therese slept right on through it.  Oh, by the way... the storm passed without any local damage.

We had a lot of time to pass before heading to 10am Mass, and the time started out slowly... Therese had some good time with her girls:

But, as often happens, I have no idea where the time went! ...and before I knew it, we had missed Mass and barely gotten in to post in time to meet up with dad!  Sigh!  We hadn't missed daily Mass yet, since we began going the first week we got here.  Lord, please let us not let this be a slippery slope into laziness... but simply an exception to the norm!

So... not the best start to the day, but then we got to see DADDY for lunch at the park!  And he and David had their first pull-ups lesson... both men enjoyed it immensely!
David is actually hanging by his own strength here.  He can hold it for quite a while!


Joe and I had some great conversations... about the 5 Love Languages, of all things, and about moving to Missouri and all that that will entail.  This playground was really nice, because it is made specifically for the handicapped, so the kids could super easily get around everything by themselves, so we could get a better, and semi-uninterrupted, chat in than at the other playground area.  However, because of that, we have here very few pictures to document our outing!

I did grab one on the way into the PX, however.  I think Therese has her mouth full of oranges.
And after that, we dropped Daddy off and headed home for naps, but on these days the kids always seem too wound up from Daddy time to calm down quickly at nap time, so they didn't actually fall asleep until 3:30, and we had planned to be back at post by 5pm.  Thankfully, I have an understanding husband, and he was willing to move supper back 30 minutes, even though we had planned it with 3 of his fellow OCs.  I love entertaining, so I always have fun cooking and prepping for this kind of thing, and everything went well except the main course, mini meat loaves, got pretty overdone.  It was the first time I had used the stove in the apartment (until now I had only made small portions, so I had done everything in the convection oven).  It was obviously much hotter than the stoves I have used prior!  Sad... but they weren't ruined, just pretty unpleasant looking and less tasty than they would have been!


So... I woke the kids up early (they got the extra 30, but it was still a short nap) and we headed in to supper with the men.

And David's face in the lower picture pretty much sums up the kids' attitudes for the main part of our supper time with Daddy, Frank, Montanio, and Olvera.  It wasn't the most fun, as you could guess!  The men enjoyed it however... just to have a home-cooked meal was enough in itself, I think.  Even with burned meat loaves and cranky kids, they were great sports... and really nice guys!

The kids were so tired that even after they decided to be in a better mood, that they lacked much energy for playing on the playgrounds.  So, we had a pretty easy time tearing them away when it was time to drop daddy off again.  We said "see you in the morning" and headed home, where we had a super quick bath time to wash jello smudges off all areas of the body.  And then bed time... over an hour late, and greatly longed-for (by both kids and mom!).

A great daddy day, but I hope that tomorrow is a bit easier on the wee ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment